Friday, December 27, 2013

Portlandia

When I found out that I was going to have almost the entire week off for Christmas we decided that we should do something irresponsible but so fun. Stephens first choice was to go to Sanfran Ca  which I was totally down for until he revealed his hidden agenda to go to the BYU football game. Then we thought about going to visit my mother and make it a surprise. We enlisted the help of my stepfather to make sure she was at the right place at the right time. Thankfully they were headed to Portland to visit my aunt and uncle. It is so much cheaper to fly to Portland than to go to Medford. I looooove Portland. Always have always will. It was Stephens and Emery's first time here and Emery's first airplane ride.
It took everything for me to keep this secret. You see my mother and I are stupidly close. I don't call her every day but that's because I know that if I did I would get too depressed from missing her so much. We got to Portland around six checked in to our hotel then headed to my aunt Julie house. To say that we surprised them was an  understatement. I wish that we had caught it on video.
Next on the list of things to do:
See my high school bff's Lacey Price and Lulu. Voodoo doughnuts, Cafe yumm,
Maybe multinoma falls, Shop shop shop, The fabulous Alexandra Lovin Curran's reception, See a movie and spend so much time with family that it's disgusting
I just love this place though. It's a huge city but to me it feels so homey since it's like your still in a forest. Between the trees, shopping, family, friends, and hippies there's not much that I can't love here. Oh and the weather! Coming from 12 degrees as the high for a lot of days in the winter in utah I have been so stinking warm in this 40 plus weather. It has been very foggy, but did you know that I looooove fog? It's so mystical and pretty. Can you tell that I'm so content in  this city.  If only we could find Stephen a job here I think it could be the perfect place for us. Hint hint to anyone out there looking for a super awesome marketing newcomer named Stephen Jolley!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment