Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Insecurities are normal, but shouldn't define you

i sincerely hated how i looked here.
oh the glasses
As young girl I had the normal insecurities. Bit of course like most I was most embarrassed of my weight. I think biggest reason that I new to even be self conscious about it was because my parents were hard on themselves. As I expressed my  insecurities to my mother she got involved by letting me use things like spanks and other body shapers when I would wear certain clothes, encouraged me to eat better, and to try to work out. All of these things I am positive were fully out of love but they just made me feel worse about myself. 

 I did become more health conscious as I got in to high school and was in cheer leading. I was always one of the "larger" girls on the team but was able to use my flexibility and strength in my favor. However always being one of the biggest never made me feel good about myself especially when the girls much smaller than me would complain about their weight. 
my cheer days
The time I loved my body most


Thankfully I have been able to learn to love myself and my body for what it is. My hips are large and after having a babe I now have a little tummy. But I love myself more now than when I was at my thinnest. In fact when I was my largest, aka pregnant, I think I felt the very best about myself. Yeah I know that I could lose some weight to be healthier, but I also have come to realize that no matter how thin I am I have curves.

She's my reason for everything that I do
One of my new years resolutions was to become more active. My biggest reason for this really isn't so that I can lose weight, however it would be a nice benefit, is mostly because I want my little girl to live an active life style as well. To know that it is good to be out not on the couch and to live yourself. I am not perfect in thinking that I am constantly a hot momma. I have my days when I feel down on myself. I just hope that I can not say my insecurities so much to my children to make them turn in to their own... If that makes any sense

No comments:

Post a Comment